Last Updated January 29, 2018
We take the privacy, security and confidentiality of your information, including any personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) extremely seriously, and use commercially practicable precautions to safeguard it. Please review this Policy carefully as it will let you know what information we collect, why and how we will treat it once collected, and the ways in which you may update or correct your information or opt out of receiving certain communications. Please be sure that your Personal Data is accurate, current and complete. Reach out to us should you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy. If we are unable to address your issue immediately, we will respond as soon as possible.
By accessing the Website or allowing someone else to do so on your behalf, you are consenting to our use of your information (both personal and non-personal) in accordance with this Policy.
What Information Does MOTHER Collect?
We may collect and store information that you provide to us via the Website or that you provide to our Customer Service Department, as further described below.
- Personal Data
We may collect certain Personal Data provided by our customers including name, date of birth, gender, billing and/or shipping address, email address, telephone number, and payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information). The following are examples of when we might collect Personal Data:
- When you make an online purchase, we may collect and use your Personal Data to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations (or other transactional information), and to provide customer service and/or future promotional offers and information that might be of interest to you.
- If you create an online account with us that enables you to track your orders or receive “back in stock” notifications (although it is not necessary to create an account in order to use the Website), we may collect and use your Personal Data to keep you updated about special offers, send updates related to the Website, and facilitate checkout during purchase transactions.
- If you sign up to receive promotional emails or marketing from us, we may contact you about sales, special offers and new features available through the Website.
- If you participate in a contest, promotion or sweepstakes that we sponsor we may, subject to the terms of the relevant promotion as well as this Policy, contact you regarding the promotion or other promotional and special offers, sales, and new features available through the Website.
- We also may obtain, collect and aggregate information (including Personal Data) provided to us by third parties such as advertising networks, marketing service providers, demographic companies, analytics companies, and other vendors that chose to collaborate or work with us.
The above section provides examples of the Personal Data that MOTHER may collect through the Website and the ways in which MOTHER may use such Personal Data. If you do not want MOTHER to collect your Personal Data, please do not disclose it. You can access, correct and/or update your information or change your marketing and subscription settings by accessing your account using the "Sign In" link on the Website.
- Non-Personal Data
When you use the Website, including by browsing merchandise and/or contacting MOTHER with inquiries, MOTHER collects certain non-identifiable information ("Non-Personal Data") and also receives such information from various third parties. Non-Personal Data cannot be used to specifically identify you. The Non-Personal Data MOTHER collects includes, without limitation, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet browser information, other characteristics of the device you are using to access the Website, domain names of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your approximate geographic location (if your device settings allow us to collect location information), a record of your usage of the Website, and the time of your usage. This information is used for analytics (such as understanding how you use the Website and/or shop with us, improvement of the Website, and determining the devices and methods you use to access the Website) as well as for personalizing your experience (including customizing the products we share with you, tracking your activity on the Website by identifying the different devices you use, remembering your preferences and the products you were interested in, and generally enhancing your experience on the Website). Additional information regarding the collection of Non-Personal Data can be found below:
- MOTHER may use Flash cookies and other similar technologies, which allow a website to store certain information locally on an individual's computer or device and then access and use that information to enhance and facilitate certain Website experiences, processes and functionality. Flash cookies are different from other cookies and may not be removed in the same manner. For more information about cookies, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
- MOTHER may also use web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs” or “pixel tags”) for similar purposes. These beacons or tags are typically small images embedded into emails or the Website that verify when the Website is viewed, when an email is opened and when links or other content in an email are clicked or viewed.
How Does MOTHER Use the Collected Information?
- Personal Data
We may use Personal Data as necessary and to fulfill your requests, including in the following ways:
- Access and Use: If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Website, MOTHER will use the Personal Data to provide you with and monitor such access and use.
- Internal Business Purposes: MOTHER may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes including, without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Website, to better understand our users, to protect against fraud, to manage your account and to generally manage the Website and our business.
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Data to contact you for certain marketing and advertising purposes, including, without limitation, to inform you about offers, contests or surveys which may be of interest to you and to display content and advertising on or off the Website which may be of relevance to you.
- Customer Service: If you provide Personal Data for a specific reason (such as the resolution of a customer service issue), we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided.
- Aggregated Personal Data: MOTHER (either directly or through a service provider) may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on Personal Data and other information.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
MOTHER does not share or sell any Personal Data you provide to us except with your consent or as described in this Policy. In some instances your permission will be implied from the nature of the service requested or the transaction undertaken. Examples of instances in which we share your Personal Data are provided below:
- Order Fulfillment: If you choose to make a purchase on the Website, MOTHER may provide certain information such as your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card and/or ship the products).
- Business Transfers: As with any business, it is possible that the ownership of the business may change or certain business or corporate assets may be bought or sold. If this occurs, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets. You acknowledge and agree that any successor or acquirer of either MOTHER or our eCommerce service provider will continue to have the right to use your Personal Data and other information in accordance with this Policy.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may also share your Personal Data with our affiliates consistent with this Policy. Our affiliates will be bound to treat and to maintain any Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: MOTHER, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf so that we can focus on our core business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. In connection with services those partners provide for MOTHER, we may grant them access to certain Personal Data.
- Third Party Marketers: MOTHER may also share information with other marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. If you prefer we do not share your Personal Data with these types of parties, please email us at email@example.com.
- Legal Requirements: MOTHER may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of other customers or users, (iii) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public or (iv) to protect against legal liability or potential fraud, as determined in our sole discretion.
- Other uses: If MOTHER intends to use any Personal Data in a manner that is not authorized herein, we will inform you of such anticipated use prior to or at the time at which the Personal Data is collected and obtain your consent prior to such use.
- Non-Personal Data
As noted above, Non-Personal Data does not and cannot be used to personally identify you. We may use such information for any lawful purpose, including sharing Non-Personal Data with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information is generally shared in an aggregated form.
How Does MOTHER Protect Your Personal Data?
MOTHER uses a variety of industry-standard security technologies and security measures to help protect your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. MOTHER also makes commercially reasonable efforts to restrict access to Personal Data to employees, contractors and agents who need to know the information to provide or improve our products and services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure, therefore any transmission of Personal Data is done at your own risk and we assume no liability for any damage suffered by you caused by the interception, alteration or misuse of information during transmission. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data via the Internet or by email.
Please note that you can play an important role in the security of your Personal Data. For example, if you elect to set up an account on the Website, you will be asked to provide a valid email address and password. We recommend you select a password with at least 8 characters and consider adding numbers or special characters to further strengthen your password. In order to help protect your personal information, you should be careful about providing your password to others and change it periodically. If you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password or any issue of security with regard to our Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identity theft and "phishing" are of great concern to us. Please note that MOTHER will not, at any time, ask you to provide your Personal Data or other personal information in a non-secure or unsolicited email. If you receive such an email, please contact us to bring it to our attention. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding my Personal Data?
MOTHER is dedicated to respecting the choices you make regarding your Personal Data. You can update your contact information or change your subscription preferences through a user account on the Website (if you have one), or by writing to us at the address provided herein. In addition, you may:
- Limit the Personal Data You Provide: You can disable cookies and/or decide not to register an account with us. However, if you take these actions, you may not be able to use certain functionalities of the Website. For example, you must provide both payment and shipping information for each transaction in order to purchase products and services on the Website.
- Subscription Preferences: Promotional emails sent by MOTHER or on our behalf contain an "unsubscribe" hyperlink. While we honor all subscription requests, it may take up to ten (10) business days for a change to your preference settings to become effective. Please be aware that even if you opt-out of receiving future promotional communications, you may be sent certain transactional communications related to the purchase or shipment of those items. For example, if you place an order online, we will send you an email confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, email and/or regular mail if we have questions about your order. Additionally, though you may have opted-out, we may send you messages if we are required to do so by law.
- Third Party Advertisers: MOTHER may use advertisers, third party ad networks, and other advertising companies, to serve advertisements on our Website and on third-party websites. This Policy does not cover the collection and use of information by such advertising companies. Please be advised that such third parties may gather information about your visit to our Website (such as through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other technologies) to enable them to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like more information about this practice and to be informed of your options in this regard, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://preferences.truste.com/truste/.
Additional Notices and Disclosures
Links to Other Websites and Services
The Website may provide links to other internet sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. MOTHER is not responsible for the sites, content or videos accessed through those links and the policies and procedures set forth herein do not apply to that thirty-party content. The owners and operators of all those websites are responsible for all Personal Data and Non-Personal Data provided, collected, maintained, stored or otherwise disclosed on those sites, if any. MOTHER encourages you to review and/or contact those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
If you access the Website through a link from one of our advertising or marketing partners, the information you provide to us through these links is collected by MOTHER, and our use of such information is subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy.
User Generated Content
The Website also enables users to post their own content, such as Instagram posts. You should exercise caution if you decide to disclose your personal, financial or other information in a submission. MOTHER is not responsible for user generated content and it remains the sole responsibility of the person who submitted it.
Do Not Track Policy
Please note that our Website is not configured to receive or honor “Do Not Track” signals. For information about “Do Not Track” browser settings, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code entitles residents of California to request a notice detailing the categories of Personal Data that MOTHER has shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, as well as the identity of those third parties. To request a copy of your Personal Data maintained by MOTHER, please contact us as provided in the “Contacting Us” section of this Policy.
Protecting the privacy of children is extremely important to us. Our Website is not directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or intend to collect Personal Data from anyone who is under the age of 13 without verifiable prior parental consent. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on our Website, we will take the necessary steps to delete that information from our records.
Notice to Canadian Residents
As with California residents, Canadian residents are entitled to receive certain information about the collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. We collect, use, and disclose your Personal Data with your consent, which may be express or implied. You may withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data by contacting us as specified below in the “Contacting Us” section of this Policy.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, you agree that any information you provide (including both Personal Data and Non-Personal Data) will be transferred to and processed in the United States of America where our servers are located. Please be aware that the laws that apply to the use and security of this information may be different than the laws and protections in your country.
Updates to This Policy
MOTHER reserves the right to update, change, amend or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time without prior notice, and we may apply any change in the Policy to information previously collected, as permitted by law. Please review this policy before you provide any Personal Data and periodically on an ongoing basis. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on the Website, and we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Policy. Your continued use of the Website after any changes or revisions to this Policy become effective shall indicate your agreement with the terms of the then-current Policy.
By using the Website, you agree that any dispute arising out of or relating in any way to this Policy, shall be submitted to binding arbitration with Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") pursuant to JAMS’ arbitration rules, held before a single neutral arbitrator in Los Angeles, California. The parties to arbitration may use legal counsel at their own expense, and the prevailing party shall be entitled to its reasonable attorneys’ fees. All costs of arbitration (including arbitrator fees) shall be paid by MOTHER, except for the initial filing fee that shall not exceed the filing fees that you would incur for bringing an action in court should you choose to initiate arbitration proceedings. This provision will not affect any claimant’s rights to seek relief from small claims court. Claims brought on behalf of or allegedly representing or including other persons or entities, including but not limited to any class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, shall be a "Class Action." Notwithstanding anything else in this Policy or the JAMS rules, any parties subject to this arbitration provision shall be barred from bringing or participating in any Class Action related to a dispute covered by this arbitration provision. However, if these Class Action restrictions are ever deemed illegal or unenforceable, they shall be severed from this arbitration provision. In that event, any Class Action shall be exempted from this arbitration provision and brought in court. This arbitration provision is subject to the Federal Arbitration Act, and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
2221 East Washington Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90021
P (323) 923-5941 – Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (PST)